This Code of Conduct aims to ensure that all volunteers understand the standard of conduct required. Volunteers are expected to uphold the Code of Conduct at all times when carrying out their duties and interactions.
- Expectations for Volunteers.
Volunteers are expected at all times to
· Carry out the duties responsibly, safely and in a competent manner.
· Avoid providing information to the beneficiaries that are misrepresented or falsified. Inform the Group Leader / QV Management / Organizer Executive or programme in-charge to follow up with professional advice.
· Respect the beneficiary as an individual and honor their integrity without prejudice to their economic status, abilities, race and customs, cultural and religious needs.
· Avoid abandoning beneficiaries who are still in need of service; should there be an absolute need for abrupt withdrawal from the duties, inform the Group Leader / QV Management / Organizer Executive or programme in-charge
· Behave in the most appropriate or desirable manner during the duties that will not create liability or bring into disrepute Qatar Volunteers.
· Avoid engaging in activities or actions that will bring any harm (physical or mental) to another person or property.
· Exercise judgement in extending help, especially in monetary terms, beyond the scope of duties, or seek/accept rewards, benefits or gifts without authorization.
- Protection of Confidential Information.
- All information is confidential to Qatar volunteers, especially personal data of the beneficiaries / volunteers and must not be disclosed or used for any other purposes except that as reasonably necessary to enable the volunteer to fulfil his/her voluntary responsibilities with Qatar volunteers. It is advisable to check with the Qatar Volunteers Executive(s) if there are any queries or doubts.
- The volunteer must destroy all copies of the name list and any documents comprising personal data of the beneficiaries and volunteers, and all other confidential information of Qatar volunteers immediately after the attendance. All name lists / attendance must be returned to Qatar Volunteers when the purpose of retaining the information is no longer necessary to fulfil the voluntary role and duties.
- Do’s AND Don’ts
- Be aware that you are representing Qatar Volunteers, and understand the mission and core values of the group.
- Be punctual for your voluntary duties
- Lead by example and be good role models to others
- Be mindful of beneficiaries who are overly-friendly or attention-seeking. Maintain appropriate behavior and prevent having any physical contact or confrontation with the beneficiaries
- Dress modestly and appropriately – no clothes which are skimpy, revealing, offensive, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy and dignity of the beneficiary / volunteer
- Consult Qatar Volunteers Executive(s) when in doubt
- Give feedback to Qatar Volunteer Executive(s) on positive or adverse encounters during the duration of the voluntary duties.
- Report immediately to Qatar Volunteers Executive(s) when you hear of any information from the other sources that is of potential threat or harm to self and/or others.
- Do not share information of the beneficiary / volunteers with others.